Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How to use images with transparent backgrounds in Dynamics GP

Problem
I have PNG images that have transparent backgrounds, and when I paste them into Dexterity Picture / Native Pictures they lose their transparency.

Solution
1. Fill in your image's transparent background with this color:















2. Now copy&paste the image into Picture / Native Image in Dexterity

3. Now you can control the background of the image with the BackColor control!

How i figured this out

I figured this out by looking at other GP images and observing their behavior. I was looking at the Purchasing Que image on the SOP Entry window.
Purchasing Que image








I moved this to a different part of the form and noticed the background color was still the same. This button appears to have a transparent background though. So i changed the Back Color to something else, and it changed!

I haven't found anything about this in the documentation, but it seems to work for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget