Friday, May 16, 2014

SharePoint repeatedly prompting for login

Problem
I log into SharePoint and it prompts me to login. Fine, that's normal and i expect that.

Next i open a document, and it prompts me again. What? I shouldn't have to login again, i'm already logged in!

I like having security, but i also dont like being annoyed on a regular basis.

Solution
1. Open Internet Explorer options
2. Security tab > Intranet Sites > Sites
4. Advanced
5. Put in the URL for the Sharepoint site
6. Click Close
7. Make sure Protected Mode is not enabled.


Poof! This allows my VPN login/password to passthrough to SharePoint! I don't even have to login to Sharepoint initially, and most importantly i don't have to get repeatedly prompted when opening docs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget