Monday, January 6, 2014

Empty parameters passed into custom stored proc in eConnect

Symptoms
1. Procedure or function 'MyExtension' expects parameter '@ParamName', which was not supplied.   
2. From SQL Profiler i can see it's passing in 'default' for every parameter, when I can clearly see there are values in the XML Doc  

Resolution
I came across this

And tried what this person said to do. I removed the eConnect login from my database, uninstalled eConnect then reinstalled. The problem went away, and I could see it was passing in values for the parameters.

Note
The article mentions Direct Document Sender. I couldn't find any download for this, but realized it was already on my computer. It's here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\eConnect 12.0\eConnect Samples\CSHARP DirectDocSender\

You can simply copy the Program.cs code and put it into a Windows Form, voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget