Friday, August 16, 2013

Dexterity - Change the Series of global script after it's been created

Problem
I wrote a simple global procedure that calls a stored proc. When i went to execute it from GP i was getting an error message saying

Unhandled script exception:
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.myStoredProc'.

Solution
The problem is this script has a series of "DYNAMICS", but it's actually created in the company database by my installation script.

I went to change the series of the script, but it appears to be greyed out.

Simple solution in Dexterity
1. Click on the script
2. Explorer > Export to Text File
3. Open the script with any text editor
4. At the top of the script you'll see Core "System"
5. In my case I want to this to be in the company database, so I changed it to Core "Inventory"
6. Save the file
7. Explorer > Import from Text File
8. Find the file you edited
9. Import it

Voila! You bypassed Dexterity's asinine read-only on the Series field!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget