Friday, July 12, 2013

Dynamics GP "a product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version"

Problem
I have a test environment and a customer has sent me their databases (DYNAMICS + company db), and I restored the databases, and I'm getting this error message when I try to login:

"A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved..."



Solutions
1. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp and open GP_LoginErrors.log

2. It says,  Microsoft Dynamics GP Database Version: 1201412 Client version: 1201295

3. Go here: http://victoriayudin.com/2010/09/11/dynamics-gp-version-numbers-and-service-packs/
to see what the version numbers match up to.

In my case the client has GP 2013 RTM whereas the customer's databases are on GP 2013 SP1. So the simple solution is to install SP1 in my test environment.




No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget