Friday, April 13, 2012

ASP.NET Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.



Problem
When logging into my website on my dev machine, i was getting "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again."

I verified that my username/password were correct. No other settings in the web.config changed since the last time i logged in.

Solution 
For some reason I had double-clicked on the Login control and created   
protected void Login1_Authenticate(object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e)
    {

    }

and left it empty. So this means when I was trying to login it was literally doing nothing, which is why the login was not successful. Since I didn't need to customize the authentication process the solution was simply to delete this method.

References

1. http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/27682/Your-Login-Attempt-was-not-Successful-Please-Try

2 comments:

  1. Just wanna say that this tip (while being a very easily overlooked one) worked, and I thank you for ending my hours of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear this helped you!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget